Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reflection: Flirting


Flirting, was a great film. I found myself waiting until my next class so I could finish watching this movie. It's a cute film, if you will, about the love of two adolescents and their struggle to see eachother.
One thing I enjoyed about this film, was that you were able to see the other side of Australia. In the Rabbit Proof Fence, you see the poverty stricken, unfortunate side of Australia. Here you able to see the wealthy, succesful side of Australia. In this film, you see kids who come from wealthy families all with a bright futures in store. It's just interesting to watch a movie, that is placed within the same continent, but showing completely different cultures.
However, to my disappointment Nicole Kidman did not have as a big of a role as I would've liked her to have. I thought the main characters did well in playing their roles, I was just confused at the fact that Nicole Kidman was constantly mentioned in critques but she did not play as huge as a role as many people had said. I thought the character that Nicole Kidman played was a great character. She played a mysterious, confident teenager who understood the struggles that the two main characters in love were going through. From the critques I could only assume that she were to play a big role, instead she goes on to play supporting character.
In summary I would recommend this movie to a friend. I really enjoyed how they ended the movie. They left their audience with a sense of curiousity. Did fate bring the two together? What happened? It's a 'cliff hanger' type of ending, which are endings I have found to always enjoy. The plot and the simplicity of the film caught my attention and is what I believe made this movie enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment