Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Persepolis: Reflection


At first, I thought Persepolis was going to be a boring film. I thought it would carry too much political issues and lose its audience. However, as the movie went on I really enjoyed how they it had through the point of view of a family during a crisis of war. Eventually, I found myself becoming very interested in the plot and I started to enjoy that the movie as a cartoon. I feel as if having it as an animation film made it possible to show and emphasize certain aspects of the film that could not be showed in a 'regular' film.

One thing that I really enjoyed this film was that it touched based on issues in Iran that many of us are no aware of. I became more aware of the issues in that country and was able to actually comprehend the issues simply. It clearly showed everything that was going on and how the citizens of Iran handled the war. I highly recommend this film to everyone. I think Persepolis shows both sides of the Iranian war along with other politcal issues that country faces extremely well. It was very creative and you can tell that there was a lot of thought put into the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment