Thursday, May 13, 2010

Napoleon Dynamite: Reflection


I considered even blogging my thoughts about this film, Napoleon Dynamite. It is a movie that is recognized nationally and perhaps even globally. It was released in 2004 and since then has been loved by millions. I remember the first time I saw this movie, I thought it was hilarious and I honestly couldn't get enough of the awkward humor. However once it exploded into this new phenomenon I started to get a bit sick of the "dude, my lips hurt real bad," comment.

As many of you may already know this is a film about a teenager by the name of Napoleon Dynamite. He lives in Idaho and lives an 'odd' life if you will. It's just a story about his life, his family, his friends, his school and all that he goes through. One main thing I really enjoy this film is that it's probably the only film I have seen without some sort of violence, sexual content etc; with the exception of child films.

I would recommend this to someone who hasn't seen the film and who has a weird sense of humor. For most people I have talked to about the movie, there is a bittersweet relationship with it. Either people love it, or they find it annoying. I still think people should view it if they haven't already, just to see what the hype is all about.

3 comments:

  1. Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people. See the link below for more info.

    #reflection
    www.inspgift.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admired those who has able to create a blog as wonderful as this! You are truly a hard working person. Keep up the good work and keep on posting.

    Kendra
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watch this movie but through your blog it gave me an idea and interest. Thanks for sharing this.

    janine

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete