Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Son's Room: Reflection


Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the entire movie due to priorities I had to attend. However, I was able to watch the beginning and the ending of The Son's Room. This is an Italian based film that aimed to show the good, the bad, and the ugly in any average family. It focused on the life of the father, the mother, the daughter and the son. It went on to show how each of them lived their lives and how they interacted with one another.

It was a good film in that it showed the Italian culture very well. You were able to see how a typical Italian family might live and that they are not much different than that of an American family. Like any family, they had their good and bad times. However, something very tragic ends up happening to the son affecting the entire family and the rest of the movie. You go on to see how this family chooses to cope with what has happened and how different their lives become.

Like I had stated earlier, I was not able to watch this entire film so it's hard for me to give a full summary on the movie. It's also difficult to tell whether or not I enjoyed this film to all its potential. However, from what I saw I wouldn't recommend this film to a friend. I found it a bit boring and the plot had no originality. It was a predictable film from what I had saw and it didn't keep me intrigued to keep watching. Otherwise, this film showed the struggles and the good times of a typical Italian family and how they chose to cope with these issues.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy rading all of your posts. They are well-written and thought provoking. Your comments are descriptive, direct, and honest. best, Canelake

    ReplyDelete